Die Buttons Manufactured in the U.S.
A die button is hardened steel that provides the opposing cutting edge for a punch during the punching process. During this operation the slug or blank being stamped, passes through the opening of the die button.
Precision Punch Corporation offers a complete line of die buttons with a choice of styles and tolerance ranges to fit you needs. All die buttons are manufactured from the industry’s highest grade tool steels and are produced to comply with NAPMA, ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and alternative internationally accepted standards. All standard components are completely interchangeable with reputable competing brands.
Precision Punch Corporation offers a complete line of standard die buttons and has the engineering expertise and experience to provide “special” and “custom” die buttons for our customer’s existing as well as new applications. Our “special” and “custom” tooling results in our customers having improved in-plant productivity and quality performance as well as reduced manufacturing cost.
Precision Punch capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Manufacturing Diameters from .004 to 1.250 inches while holding tolerances down to .0001 inches.
- Manufacturing Point Diameters down to .003 inches.
- Manufacturing Lengths up to 2 inches long.
- Surface Finishes down to 2 micro (Ra or RMS)
- Manufactured in metric also for specials and custom parts.
- Concentricity up to .0003 T.R.I., depending on part design could be tighter.
- Offer the widest range of in-stock materials including but not limited to A-2, D-2, M-2,M-7, M-42, M-50, S-7, H-13, PM-M4, PM-3V, PM-9V, PM-10V, PM-15V, 0-1, 52-100, 17-4, 15-5, 300 series Stainless Steel and 400 series Stainless Steel as well as other grades.