EDM Die Blanks
EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining) is a machining method primarily used for hard metals that would be very difficult to machine with traditional techniques. EDM typically works with materials that are electrically conductive. EDM can cut intricate contours or cavities in pre-hardened steel without the need for heat treatment to soften and re-harden them.
Precision Punch & Tooling offers a complete line of EDM die blanks that are manufactured from the industry’s highest grade tool steels and are produced to comply with NAPMA, ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and alternative internationally accepted standards. All standard components are completely interchangeable with reputable competing brands.
Precision Punch & Tooling offers a complete line of standard EDM die blanks and has the engineering expertise and experience to provide “special” and “custom” EDM die blanks for our customer’s existing as well as new applications. Our “special” and “custom” tooling results in our customers having improved in-plant productivity and quality performance as well as reduced manufacturing cost.
Precision Punch & Tooling capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Manufacturing Diameters from .004 to 1.250 inches while holding tolerances down to .0001 inches.
- Manufacturing Point Diameters down to .003 inches.
- Manufacturing Lengths up to 2 inches long.
- Surface Finishes down to 2 micro (Ra or RMS)
- Manufactured in metric also for specials and custom parts.
- Concentricity up to .0005 T.R.I., depending on part design could be tighter.
- Offer the widest range of in-stock materials including but not limited to A-2, D-2, M-2,M-7, M-42, M-50, S-7, H-13, PM-M4, PM-3V, PM-9V, PM-10V, PM-15V, 0-1, 52-100, 17-4, 15-5, 300 series Stainless Steel and 400 series Stainless Steel as well as other grades.