PERFORATORS : BEVEL HEAD
Perforating is a process of creating holes in a part in an organized fashion to meet customer needs. A perforator is the tool used to pierce the metal material (typically). The hole generated is called a perforation. Precision Punch perforators are the preferred tool for piercing operation by tool room supervisors and engineers throughout North America because they are manufactured to exact tolerances and concentricity for superior performance. Precision Punch engineers understand that the durability of a perforator is dependent upon the induced stress levels relative to the ultimate strength of the raw material used to manufacture the perforator. This is why our engineers are constantly researching, testing and identifying superior raw material sources from all around the world and ultimately provide our customers with raw materials that have demonstrated superior performance. Since most perforating components are made of tool steel having an ultimate tensile strength of 300,000 psi, our engineers know that controlling the contact area will result in improve durability. Additionally a minimum on the punch point or chamfer on the perforator can increase contact area resulting in lower stress value, which will typically result in less edge chipping. Our engineers understand that increasing shank diameter will distribute the load over a larger area and reduce the stress resulting in less head breakage. Superior raw materials and exceptional engineering combined with a manufacturing facility deeply committed to world class Lean Manufacturing processes and Six Sigma methodologies have resulted in Precision Punch Corporation providing the Perforation Industry with the highest quality perforators available. Precision Punch Corporation offers a complete line of standard perforators and has the engineering expertise and experience to provide “special” and “custom” perforators for our customer’s existing as well as new applications. Our “special” and “custom” tooling results in our customers having improved in-plant productivity and quality performance as well as reduced manufacturing cost.
Precision Punch capabilities include but are not limited to:
1. Manufacturing Diameters from .004 to 1.250 inches while holding tolerances down to .0001 inches.
2. Manufacturing Point Diameters down to .003 inches.
3. Manufacturing Lengths up to 12 inches long.
4. Surface Finishes down to 2 micro (Ra or RMS)
5. Manufactured in metric also for specials and custom parts.
6. Concentricity up to .0005 T.R.I., depending on part design could be tighter.
7. Offer the widest range of in-stock materials including but not limited to A-2, D-2, M-2,M-7, M-42, M-50, S-7, H-13, PM-M4, PM-3V, PM-9V, PM-10V, PM-15V, 0-1, 52-100, 17-4, 15-5, 300 series Stainless Steel and 400 series Stainless Steel as well as other grades.