Close Space Punches
Close space punches are typically used to produce a hole in a stamped part when a multitude of punches are concentrated tightly in a limited area and limited space exist to fit the punches. Close space punches are also used in gaging and fixture tools to locate a part. Therefore exacting tolerances and concentricity are provided for superior alignment, better performance, longer runs, and less downtime. Close space punches are manufactured from the industry’s highest grade tool steels, high speed tool steels and stainless steels and are produced to comply with NAPMA, ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2003 and alternative internationally accepted standards. All standard components are completely interchangeable with reputable competing brands. Precision Punch & Tooling offers a complete line of standard close space punches and has the engineering expertise and experience to provide “special” and “custom” close space punches for customer’s existing as well as new applications. Our “special” and “custom” tooling results in our customers having improved in-plant productivity and quality performance as well as reduced manufacturing cost. Precision Punch & Tooling capabilities include but are not limited to:
1. Manufacturing Diameters from .004 to 1.250 inches while holding tolerances down to .0001 inches.
2. Manufacturing Point Diameters down to .003 inches.
3. Manufacturing Lengths up to 12 inches long.
4. Surface Finishes down to 2 micro (Ra or RMS)
5. Manufactured in metric also for specials and custom parts.
6. Concentricity up to .0003 T.R.I., depending on part design could be tighter.
7. Offer the widest range of in-stock materials including but not limited to A-2, D-2, M-2,M-7, M-42, M-50, S-7, H-13, PM-M4, PM-3V, PM-9V, PM-10V, PM-15V, 0-1, 52-100, 17-4, 15-5, 300 series Stainless Steel and 400 series Stainless Steel as well as other grades.