Ejector punches help prevent slug pulling. At impact, the pin retracts until it is flush with the punch face. As the punch is withdrawn the ejector pin functions like a spring-loaded stripper and prevents the slug from rising with the punch. When the slug is separated from the work piece the pin exerts a force on the slug to drive it downward into the die. Precision Punch Corporation offers a complete line of standard ejector punch and has the engineering expertise and experience to provide “special” and “custom” ejector punches for our customer’s existing as well as new applications. Our “special” and “custom” tooling results in our customers having improved in-plant productivity and quality performance as well as reduced manufacturing cost.
Precision Punch capabilities include but are not limited to:
1. Manufacturing Diameters from .004 to 1.250 inches while holding tolerances down to .0001 inches.
2. Manufacturing Point Diameters down to .003 inches.
3. Manufacturing Lengths up to 12 inches long.
4. Surface Finishes down to 2 micro (Ra or RMS)
5. Manufactured in metric also for specials and custom parts.
6. Concentricity up to .0005 T.R.I., depending on part design could be tighter.
7. Offer the widest range of in-stock materials including but not limited to A-2, D-2, M-2,M-7, M-42, M-50, S-7, H-13, PM-M4, PM-3V, PM-9V, PM-10V, PM-15V, 0-1, 52-100, 17-4, 15-5, 300 series Stainless Steel and 400 series Stainless Steel as well as other grades.